Sometimes I read my Bible, believe it or not. I came across the story of Mephiboseth, the son of Jonathon. I enjoy this story. Mephiboseth was dropped by his nurse as a baby, and became a cripple. Kind David was Jonathons best friend. Several years later Jonathon was dead and King David asked if anyone from the line of Jonathon was still alive. Davids Servant comes and tells Him Mephiboseth is alive but He is a Cryple and useless. David shows his character and lets Mephiboseth come to his house. David tells mephiboseth that because of who his dad was, he would live in the kingdom forever and eat at the Kings table forever.
I learned a few lessons from this story and want to hear your comments.
1. Everyone who saw Mephiboseth, and knew something was wrong with him.
2. David Tells him for his Fathers (Jonathon's) sake He would live in the kingdom.
- Ephesians tells us God forgave us ours sins for Christs Sake.
3. Although we are crippled in our sins, just like Mephiboseth, when we sit at the table with the King, we look just as he does. No one can tell we are crippled.
- When we get to heaven we will be sitting with Jesus and feasting continually at his table.
Just thought i would share that with my few readers, I would like your input so please leave your comments! For now thats my Final Thought!